Canadian Nurse is an innovative website for nurses, providing practical information that supports them in their professional practice and opportunities to engage with us and their colleagues. New content is posted weekly. Access includes English and French content (on canadian-nurse.com and infirmiere-canadienne.com).
Who can access
Access is free to members of the Canadian Nurses Association and nursing students whose universities or colleges belong to the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association (CNSA).
Annual subscriptions are available for purchase by individuals, institutions, agencies and non-CNSA students. Subscriptions are valid for one year following the date of purchase.
- Members, CNSA students and subscribers – unlimited access to Canadian Nurse, including best practices, analysis, opinions, profiles, research summaries, advice from experts, insights into all aspects of the profession, and the complete digital archive (dating back to 1905 for Canadian Nurse and to 1959 for infirmière canadienne).
- Visitors – access to 10 articles of their choice (after which a subscription purchase is required) and the indexes of archived issues.
How to access
Members of CNA and CNSA students enjoy free access:
- If you have previously created a profile on Canadian Nurse or on MyCNA (formerly NurseONE), your access to Canadian Nurse has already been activated. Simply log in using the same email and password.
- If you haven’t yet created your profile, create one now.
- One email address per subscription.
Watch a video that walks you through creating a MyCNA profile and logging in to Canadian Nurse.
Purchasing a subscription
Annual subscriptions are available for purchase by individuals, non-CNSA students, institutions and agencies. We encourage potential subscribers to take advantage of free access to 10 articles.
Renewing a subscription
- CNA members – you do not need to renew as long as you are a member
- Individuals and CNSA students – once your subscription has expired, renew online
- Non-CNSA students – renew with the Non-CNSA Student Subscription Order Form [DOCX, 3.2 MB]
- Institutions – renew with the Institutional Subscription Order Form [DOCX, 3.3 MB]
- Agencies – renew with the Agency Subscription Order Form [DOCX, 3.3 MB]